go home.   about me.     contact me.   visit my look book.   press.

Tuesday, December 20

{Look Book} Evening Shimmer

Sometimes I'm in the mood for all-out sparkle and glitz.  But, more often, just a touch of shimmer is enough. That's what I love most about this dress.  The subtle shimmer.   It seemed like the perfect dress to wear to a casual holiday party.
anthropologie
anthropologie
anthropologie
anthropologie
anthropologie
Dress: Knitted & Knotted from Anthropologie Glinting Persica Sweater Dress
Belt: Anthropologie Beaded Wink Belt
Tights: Anthropologie Textured Dot Tights
Shoes: Seychelles (similar)
Earrings: Alexis Bittar Miss Havisham in Rose Gold

Last night Marty & I went to the funnest White Elephant gift exchange party at our neighbor's house.  I adore their house.  It's a little cottage tucked deep in a canyon and it's decorated with German trinkets and souvenirs.  I feel like I'm in a far away land when I visit their home.  And, their annual gift exchange party is always filled with so many laughs that my stomach hurts by the end of the night.  Last night was no exception.  I love seeing the creative and super silly gifts that people bring.

With the weekend behind me, now I need to focus on getting ready for Christmas.  I have all of my shopping done (I hope!), now I just have to wrap, and wrap and then wrap some more.  Are you all ready for Christmas?  Are you one of the smart one's who shops in November and can sit back and relax, or do you wait until the last minute and rush around the stores on Christmas Eve?

psst... don't forget to enter to win a $50 gift card to Lace Affair!

31 comments:

  1. the pattern is beautiful! and i love the subtle tights! so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress and tights.

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the details photos and you look charming as usual

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so pretty and your tights are so cute! Lovely outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute in the dress and I love your shoe choice!! I was actually planning on wearing the same dress it to my daughters christmas pageant tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. very nice dress. you look so stylish dressed :))

    http://excurlythoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're right, that dress does have just the right amount of sparkle. I like the subtle pattern mixing with your tights and dress. I got most of my shopping finished today. Some can wait until after the holidays, thank goodness!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. it suits you well :)

    http://fashion-gourmet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful look
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    kiss
    Erika
    My Free Choice


    There is Ceramic bow-tie Giveaway on my blog I wait u!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice look dear!

    im following on google connection. Hope you do the same :)
    MY BLOG: Dress Up For Armageddon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely :) I especially like the bracelets. Bracelets are kind of my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can already imagine how amazing the home of your neighbours must be! I think I'd like to visit them once too :D I absolutely love your dress here Shannon! It reminds me of the Ruche dress I'm eying at, haha ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww! You look SO pretty. I love that dress... those tights are so pretty too. Love the pattern on them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You always have such the cutest shoes!! I love them all, and these are no exception! :)

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is so pretty and the belt adds the perfect touch.

    I use to be one of those November Christmas shoppers but not anymore! Organization has gone by the wayside while procrastination has become my best friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your entire outfit is lovely - especially the tights!
    New follower. Stop by & follow me, too. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/.
    Christmas Blessings, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  17. this such a nice lovely evening look! i love it, you look wonderful :)
    xx

    http://www.citylaundry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful dress!


    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your dress is so very pretty and romantic! Love the beautiful pattern and the pretty tights and pretty shoes! I am usually good at x-mas shopping... well, not exactly shopping in November, but early December definitely :)
    Good luck!

    skinnymoonstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so sweet and sassy! Also, a gift exchange party sounds too fun! :)

    P.S. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    Lots of love, B
    http://vivalabreee.blogspot.com/
    Tweet me: Viva_La_Breee

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a pretty dress and the tights are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aw you look so pretty! Love that dress and that belt is amazing :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  23. That dress is gorgeous! I love your tights too!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. lovely dress! the belt goes with it perfectly as well. great choices all around!

    www.cashmerechronicles.com

    maridel

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this look, great, not too sparkly but nevertheless a bit sparkly!
    I just discovered your blog, I must say you definitely have a great blog and great ideas!
    I'll follow you from now on - and would be very happy about a visit from you on my little blog!
    xxx Anita

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful nude colors look! I love the neutral pallet of the outfit with a splash of sparkles!

    Xx

    Alexandra

    www.fashion-bridge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That is such a pretty dress! It looks great on you!

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. this is a nice look! i love how the tights are subtly polka dotted! it adds a nice touch!

    bijou-minou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your thoughts and really appreciate you taking the time to comment. XO.