Poncho: c/o Goddis Knitwear, Jeans: AG Stilt, Boots: Frye (on sale!), Bracelets: c/o Amy Waltz Designs, Necklace: Maefly Design
January is passing by so quickly. At the beginning of the year, I kept thinking of putting together a list of New Year's Resolutions. Yet, something about it just didn't feel right. I think what it comes down to is that I don't really like the idea of coming up with a resolutions, and then most likely forgetting about them by February. I strive to be a better person each and everyday, whether it's January 1st or not. So I decided I wasn't going to make any New Year's Resolutions this year. But what I did decide to do was to dedicate a word for 2013. An inspiring word. A word that I can learn from, and grow from, and that will bring me happiness and hope everyday. A word that will give me strength and comfort. After much thought, I came upon the word BELIEVE. The moment it came to me, I knew right away that it is the perfect word for 2013. I felt that 2012 was a sad year. Not personally so much, but around the world. There was so much fear, and violence and sadness. I've put together a list of things that I want to remember to believe throughout this year:
- I believe that 2013 is going to be a positive and prosperous year.
- I believe that my kids will be safe and protected at school, and at home, and everywhere they go.
- I believe that my husband will find a new job, that will bring him success, and more importantly, happiness.
- I believe that I am strong and healthy, and I can achieve anything that I set my mind to.
- I believe that I need to be present in my children's lives. That's it's more important to read them a book at night or tell them a story, than to make sure the laundry is folded or the dishes are done.
- I believe that there can and there will be peace on Earth.
And when I'm feeling down, I will come back to this list. And I will reflect. And I will believe. XO.