go home.   about me.     contact me.   visit my look book.   press.

Wednesday, January 23

Look Book: Believe

Poncho: c/o Goddis Knitwear, Jeans: AG Stilt, Boots: Frye (on sale!), Bracelets: c/o Amy Waltz Designs, Necklace: Maefly Design

January is passing by so quickly. At the beginning of the year, I kept thinking of putting together a list of New Year's Resolutions. Yet, something about it just didn't feel right. I think what it comes down to is that I don't really like the idea of coming up with a resolutions, and then most likely forgetting about them by February. I strive to be a better person each and everyday, whether it's January 1st or not. So I decided I wasn't going to make any New Year's Resolutions this year. But what I did decide to do was to dedicate a word for 2013. An inspiring word. A word that I can learn from, and grow from, and that will bring me happiness and hope everyday. A word that will give me strength and comfort. After much thought, I came upon the word BELIEVE. The moment it came to me, I knew right away that it is the perfect word for 2013. I felt that 2012 was a sad year. Not personally so much, but around the world. There was so much fear, and violence and sadness. I've put together a list of things that I want to remember to believe throughout this year:

- I believe that 2013 is going to be a positive and prosperous year.
- I believe that my kids will be safe and protected at school, and at home, and everywhere they go.
- I believe that my husband will find a new job, that will bring him success, and more importantly, happiness.
- I believe that I am strong and healthy, and I can achieve anything that I set my mind to. 
- I believe that I need to be present in my children's lives. That's it's more important to read them a book at night or tell them a story, than to make sure the laundry is folded or the dishes are done.
- I believe that there can and there will be peace on Earth. 

And when I'm feeling down, I will come back to this list. And I will reflect. And I will believe.  XO.

3 comments:

  1. Stunning pictures and a very inspiring post xx
    Thank you for commenting on my blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list of beliefs, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post!

    Love, love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your thoughts and really appreciate you taking the time to comment. XO.