go home.   about me.     contact me.   visit my look book.   press.

Thursday, March 7

Ruby

Jacket: c/o August Wrinkle, Blouse: Rebecca Taylor (loving this one), Jeans: Paige, Shoes: Aldo (also worn here), Handbag: c/o Perlina
Ruby Earrings: c/o RedEnvelope, Rings: Sundance Catalog, Nails: BUTTER London 'Kerfuffle'

I love rubies. Ruby is my birthstone, so naturally I am drawn to them. I love the deep, red color and the richness of the stone. I've always believed that natural stones have energy in them. I think it's because my mom always taught me about stones and their meanings. I won't go so far as to say that they have magical powers, but I do like to believe that they have positive energies. Rubies are known to provide protection to those who wear them. In history, warriors would hide rubies in their armor to protect them from harm. Who knows, the powers of stones could all be make believe, but I think if it makes you feel good, then why not go with it?

1 comment:

  1. You look so lovely. I love that blouse. The floral print is extremely pretty. I love rubies too. I was always envious of them being my sister's birthstone.

    Tracy @ Sunny Days and Starry Nights

    Enter our Retro Designed Pencil Sharpener Giveaway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I love to read your thoughts and really appreciate you taking the time to comment. XO.